Continuing with this week’s theme of “I Just Don’t Have Enough Time in the Day, so Let’s Make Something Easy”, I offer you this crazy good, super simple Crock Pot meal. It’s another Pinterest find, and the original recipe is over at the blog Little Fellows. I’ve tweaked the recipe just a bit, but didn’t touch how simple it is. My family loved it, and I hope yours does too.
I started by browning up a pound of Italian turkey sausage. You could use whatever sausage sounds good to you. I went with turkey to try and lighten things up a bit.
As the turkey was browning, I got together the rest of my ingredients.
Once the turkey sausage was browned, I drained it and added it to my slow cooker, along with all of the other ingredients.
I gave it a good stir, set the cooker to LOW, and let it cook for about five hours.
I stirred it a couple of times during the cooking process, but other than that, it was hands off. When it was time for dinner, I had a huge pot of delicious, hearty soup in front of me.
I served it up with some crusty bread and a salad, and we were good to go!
How’s that for easy?
SLOW COOKER TORTELLINI AND SAUSAGE SOUP
Adapted from Little Fellows
- 1 (19 oz.) bag frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 lb. Italian turkey sausage
- 3/4 – 1 bag fresh spinach
- 2 cans Italian style diced tomatoes
- 2 cans low-fat chicken broth
- 1 (8 oz.) block low-fat cream cheese, cut into cubes
- Brown the sausage in a skillet on the stove top until cooked and crumbled. Drain.
- Add the sausage and remaining ingredients to a 6-quart slow cooker.
- Stir to combine.
- Cook, on LOW for 5 hours, stirring twice during cooking.